We are pleased to share that we have launched the recruitment process for the APP 13 cohort!
The deadline for applications has been extended.
Applications are now available at: https://nycdoe-pathways.fluidreview.com/
Please note that a few key changes have been made to this year’s program.
All candidates must meet the following criteria:
- All applicants must be current NYCDOE employees.
- All applicants must have seven years of prior full-time pedagogic experience. Qualifying prior pedagogic positions are: classroom teacher, dean, instructional coach, guidance counselor, school social worker, assistant principal, teacher assigned, education administrator and all pedagogic supervisory titles contained in the collective bargaining agreement between CSA and DOE.
- All assistant principal applicants must have at least five years of prior full-time pedagogic experience as noted above.
- All applicants must possess an SBL/SAS.
- We are continuing our teaming model. In the APP 13 cohort, all participants will partner with a teacher leader from the Leadership Advancement Program and will enter the DOE’s most challenging schools as a principal/assistant principal team in the 2014-15 school year.
- Participants in the APP 13 cohort will engage in a six-month residency. After the summer intensive, participants will return to their original schools or workplaces, and will begin their APP residency in January.
APPLICANTS MUST APPLY NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 23, 2015 using the DOE’s common application using the following link: https://nycdoe-pathways.fluidreview.com/
Key information about APP 13 recruitment is below:
- January 20th: Our information sessions will be held at our Court Square Conference Center. Please register by emailing Marlene Filewich: email@example.com.
- February/April: Interview days will begin and continue as needed; candidates will participate in both group and individual interviews.
Please contact Marlene Filewich: firstname.lastname@example.org or 718.752.7336 if you have any questions about the admissions process or the APP program.
NYC Leadership Academy considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.