June 21, 2018
The NYC Leadership Academy (NYCLA) is a nationally-recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a clear vision: to support greater academic success for students across the nation – especially the most vulnerable – through high-quality school leadership. We are firmly committed to preparing and supporting educational leaders so they can catalyze and sustain effective change across their organizations and educate students effectively. We do this by building the capacity of education systems across the country to develop and support their own leaders and bringing a standards-based and social justice-rooted approach to leadership development. Since 2003, more than 150 school districts, state departments of education, universities, and nonprofits in 32 states have collaborated with NYCLA to prepare and support leaders who can transform schools and ensure all students have access to effective instruction and are nurtured socially, emotionally and academically.
As a member of NYCLA’s Client Engagement team, the Associate Director for Marketing supports the organization’s efforts to promote and sell professional learning services for school and district leaders by: helping develop and execute marketing campaigns, using digital marketing tactics and tools such as email marketing, content-based marketing and marketing automation platforms; creating marketing content and collateral; coordinating the business development strategy for conferences; writing proposals for clients; managing, analyzing and reporting on prospect and customer data using our customer relationship management system (Salesforce); participating in team and department meetings; and supporting the implementation of practices that promote racial equity.
- Support the development and implementation of marketing campaigns for professional learning trainings and related services to meet NYCLA’s revenue goals. Work includes but is not limited to: working with the team to create a strategy; building prospective client target lists; implementing marketing tactics such as email content-based marketing, social media, advertising and/ webinars; and using the functionality of our marketing automation platform.
- Manage NYCLA’s customer relationship management system (Salesforce): provide staff training, manage and improve data collection, safeguard sensitive information; and create reports and analyze data to support and improve NYCLA’s business development efforts
- Support proposal writing by: writing proposals and scopes of work for clients; and leading or supporting process for responding to RFPs
- Coordinate and implement business development strategy for conferences, including managing the proposal process, managing the budget, overseeing logistics including development of collateral, and aligning conference-attending staff around shared business development goals
- Work closely with Client Engagement/Communications teams to help shape and execute NYCLA’s external messaging
- A minimum of 4 years’ work experience in education/consulting or project management
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, prioritize and manage multiple complex work streams simultaneously with little oversight
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from concept to completion
- Exemplary interpersonal and time-management skills
- Strong writing skills, with an emphasis on marketing/proposal writing experience
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and meet targeted deadlines within short timeframes
- Digital Marketing skills are a must with experience in email and content marketing as well as marketing automation
- Familiarity with social media marketing, analytics and user experience is an advantage
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM system (or demonstrated ability to learn data base systems
- Fluency in key Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Salary & Benefits
This is a Part-time, paid-time-off eligible position, 3 days weekly with the opportunity to work remotely. The NYC Leadership Academy offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
The NYC Leadership Academy is conveniently located in Long Island City, Queens with convenient access to subway lines (7, E, G, & M), the Long Island Rail Road, numerous bus lines and a ferry landing at Queens West providing service to Midtown, Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Qualified candidates may apply by emailing their resume, cover letter with salary requirements and all other applicable information to NYCLA email@example.com with (job title (candidate name)) in the subject line.
We believe that diversity of all kinds within our staff contributes to our team’s effectiveness and to our overall success.
The NYC Leadership Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer