April 4, 2018
The NYC Leadership Academy (NYCLA) is a nationally-recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a clear vision: to support greater academic success for students across the nation – especially the most vulnerable – through high-quality school leadership. We are firmly committed to preparing and supporting educational leaders so they can catalyze and sustain effective change across their organizations and educate students effectively. We do this by building the capacity of education systems across the country to develop and support their own leaders and bringing a standards-based and social justice-rooted approach to leadership development. Since 2003, more than 150 school districts, state departments of education, universities, and nonprofits in 32 states have collaborated with NYCLA to prepare and support leaders who can transform schools and ensure all students have access to effective instruction and are nurtured socially, emotionally and academically.
The National Designer and Facilitator is responsible for designing, developing and delivering highly effective professional development for all of NYC Leadership Academy’s programs. This position will also be charged with generating innovative solutions to evolving challenges while building the capacity of clients to deliver effective leadership development of school and district leaders. The National Designer and Facilitator will support project planning, lead/participate in the development of contest-driven client solutions, and be active in oversight of the quality of delivery of multiple consulting projects.
- Serves as lead practitioner (designer, facilitator, coach) ensuring that the curriculum and program development aligns to the client’s overall purpose and meets their contextual needs
- Plays a significant role in client management including managing client interactions on a day to day basis and continuously assessing client needs
- Remains current on field research and trends and applies that knowledge to the design of the work
- Ensures that the work that is documented and delivered reflects NYCLA quality, approach and beliefs
- Communicates project status to key stakeholders and strategically uses internal resources when developing curriculum and program design
- Lead the planning and management of project workflow including tracking and reporting progress against project plans and provide status of deliverables, highlighting emerging challenges and opportunities as needed
- Facilitates internal team meetings and participates in regular feedback loop with all team members
- Master’s degree in related field
- Proven success as an Education Leader and Practitioner for a minimum of 3 years with an understanding of instructional pedagogy
- Experience in or familiarity with leadership coaching, organizational learning, adult development, and systems thinking
- Strong curriculum design and facilitations skills including providing opportunities for experiential learning experiences that challenge participants within their zone of proximal development
- Commitment to producing consistently high-quality work within short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading a team
- Managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Experience managing successful complex relationships which requires exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel frequently nationally (must have a valid driver’s license)
Salary & Benefits
The NYC Leadership Academy offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits including a generous paid time off (29 days) package and a fully employer funded health/dental/vision plans.
The NYC Leadership Academy is conveniently located in Long Island City, Queens. Long Island City is located only minutes outside of Manhattan and is easily accessible via seven subway lines (7, E,G, M, ), the Long Island Rail Road, numerous bus lines and a ferry landing at queens west providing service to Midtown, Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Qualified candidates may apply by emailing their resume, cover letter with salary requirements and all other applicable information to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Designer & Facilitator (candidate name)" in the subject line.
We believe that diversity of all kinds within our staff contributes to our team’s effectiveness and to our overall success.
The NYC Leadership Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer