July 29, 2015
The NYC Leadership Academy (NYCLA) invites you to read our latest publication, “Taking Charge of Principal Support: An In-Depth Look at the NYC Leadership Academy’s Approach to Coaching Principals.” Funded by The Wallace Foundation, this guide provides insight into our coaching model, including lessons learned over the last decade in which we’ve been engaged in this work.
The full coaching guide and associated resources are available on our website and include:
- An in-depth look at our program design, coach development and program evaluation
- A framework for districts to assess existing leadership supports
- A discussion of coaching aligned to leadership standards, what we mean by facilitative and competency-based, and our research-based beliefs about adult learning
- A description of our “coaching toolkit” which includes several strategies that coaches use to help principals improve their leadership practice
- Several spotlights entitled “Inside a Coaching Session” that show what coaching truly looks like in real life
- Client profiles that highlight the ways in which our clients have set up coaching programs that work for their contexts
Click here to access the coaching guide and additional resources.