NYCLA is excited to offer districts access to our new online version of the Leadership Performance Planning Worksheet © (LPPW). This tool is intended to help districts with existing school leadership coaching programs to strengthen and enhance coaching practice in order to develop school leader behaviors that increase student achievement.
NYCLA developed the LPPW in consultation with The Wallace Foundation and the state education departments of Delaware, Missouri and Kentucky. It reflects a thorough review and synthesis of principal leadership standards used nationally. It is grounded in the belief that focused work on a subset of clearly defined leadership competencies helps early-career school leaders promote student success.
Private Coaching Space
NYCLA’s Online LPPW provides an interface for school leaders and their coaches/mentors to work together on eight leadership dimensions. The tool enables a coach and principal pair to engage in asynchronous dialogue about their shared work and the leader’s progress in between face-to-face meetings, making the LPPW a living document.
NYCLA’s Online LPPW allows the pair to:
- Identify and prioritize leadership behaviors on which the pair has mutually agreed to focus their work.
- Capture observations and notes about the principal's progress in a specific dimension.
- Document progress updates, areas for improvement, and next steps.
- Save artifacts that document and support the leader’s progress, and upload articles the coach recommends.
- Download or print the LPPW to save for future reference.
District Administrator Access
In addition, NYCLA’s Online LPPW includes a profile for district administrators. This function allows districts to:
- Monitor interactions between coaches and school leaders for the purpose of planning professional development.
- Export data from all school leaders’ LPPWs into an Excel spreadsheet to track progress throughout the year, or across years.
For pricing and further information, please contact Brooke Law at email@example.com.