“Taking Charge of Principal Support: An In-Depth Look at the NYC Leadership Academy’s Approach to Coaching Principals” was funded by The Wallace Foundation and provides insight into our coaching model, including lessons learned over more than a decade of coaching educational leaders.
The coaching guide and accompanying resources include:
- An in-depth look at our program design, coach development and program evaluation
- A framework for districts to assess existing leadership supports
- A discussion of coaching aligned to leadership standards, what we mean by facilitative and competency-based, and our research-based beliefs about adult learning
- A description of our “coaching toolkit” which includes several strategies that coaches use to help principals improve their leadership practice
- Several spotlights entitled “Inside a Coaching Session” that show what coaching truly looks like in real life
- Client profiles that highlight the ways in which our clients have set up coaching programs that work for their contexts
ACCESS THE GUIDE
Fill out the form below to access the full guide as well as a menu of additional resources that give a deeper picture of NYCLA’s coaching program and complement the information shared in Taking Charge of Principal Support.