In this two-day workshop, school leadership coaches, as well as school, district and charter leaders, will engage in intensive training in NYCLA’s signature leadership coaching model. With expert NYCLA faculty, participants learn how to strengthen trust, promote targeted and critical reflection, and support leaders in identifying and applying high-impact action steps to dismantle inequitable practices and accelerate school transformation and student learning.
NYCLA has trained more than 750 leadership coaches across the country in our effective coaching model. These participants have identified the most useful aspects of the training to include:
- Role-playing coaching scenarios
- Working to deepen feedback and questioning skills
- Using leadership standards to diagnose principals’ learning needs
- Thinking about the role of learning styles and mental models in coaching
- Engaging in highly accountable learning