By the end of the New Principal Institute, participating principals will be able to:
- Communicate a compelling vision for learning for all students
- Implement an effective entry plan – including initial communications with staff, high-priority activities and an implementation timeline – that will have a positive impact on student learning
- Identify and use quantitative and qualitative data to inform decisions, diagnose challenges and find points of leverage to improve student learning
- Diagnose the current state and identify new systems and structures necessary to achieve the desired school culture and further student growth
- Recognize and react to intended and unintended consequences of decisions
The New Principal Institute is led by NYCLA’s expert coaches and practitioners, who have prepared more than 900 new principals to lead their schools effectively from day one. Learn more.