A two-day workshop where participants develop coaching strategies that deepen their ability to help school and system leaders name, reflect on, and take action to pursue racial equity.
Now more than ever, conversations about race generate more heat than light. This workshop teaches school and system leaders to coach others effectively toward leadership practices that advance equity for all students. Participants are introduced to the Leadership Academy’s signature Facilitative, Competency-Based coaching model, in which we’ve trained more than 750 leadership coaches, to focus specifically on how to coach for equitable practice. This two-day session will give leaders who serve in a coaching capacity the language, skills, and tools to use when they coach leaders for transformational change.
- Self-assess against NYCLA’s 5 equity leadership behaviors
- Develop awareness of their own blind spots, assumptions, and biases when it comes to race
- Learn the fundamentals of coaching for equitable practice
- Create the conditions to explore issues of race and equity within the coaching relationship
- Help leaders to set equity-focused goals
- Support leaders to create an actionable plan to achieve those goals