Spring 2020 Dates TBA
School leaders; district leaders who coach others as part of their work; school leadership coaches
A two-day workshop that deepens the practice of experienced school leadership coaches. Participants explore common challenges (such as managing resistance) faced in coaching school leaders or coaching school staff and develop strategies to overcome them.
Particular emphasis is placed on supporting leaders in strengthening their reflective practice, overcoming bias, advancing a system of school improvement, and sustaining leadership growth.
Participants in this two-day workshop will have access to:
- A research-based coaching model with specific strategies that can be implemented immediately
- A set of research-based competencies for school leaders that ground coaching work in observable behaviors
- A rich set of coaching competencies against which coaches can self-assess and set goals for their own practice
- A small group of peer coaches working in different contexts across the country with whom coaches can network and learn
- A safe place in which to explore an explicit emphasis on racial equity