School leaders; district leaders who coach others as part of their work; school leadership coaches
A two-day workshop that trains school/system leaders and school leadership coaches in the Leadership Academy’s signature Facilitative, Competency-Based coaching model.
With expert NYCLA faculty, participants learn how to strengthen trust, promote reflection, provide targeted feedback, and support leaders in identifying and applying high-impact action steps to dismantle inequitable practices and accelerate school transformation and student learning.
NYCLA has trained more than 750 leadership coaches across the country in our effective coaching model. These participants have identified the most useful aspects of the training to include:
- Learning how to produce constructive dialogue focused on equitable practice
- Role-playing coaching scenarios
- Working to deepen feedback and questioning skills
- Using leadership standards to diagnose principals’ learning needs
- Thinking about the role of learning styles and mental models in coaching
- Engaging in highly accountable learning