Based on your schedule
$17,700 per district/network (up to 8 participants; larger groups negotiable)
An intensive 3-day workshop delivered in your district or system where new and early career principals develop a 90-day entry plan that enables them to hit the ground running when school starts.
Principals participating in the New Principal Institute will:
- Examine their own stories and identities and reflect on how they have shaped the mental models they bring to the role of school leader
- Develop a compelling vision for learning for all students that will inspire and galvanize their school communities
- Create a 90-day entry plan – including initial communications with staff, high-priority activities and an implementation timeline – that will have a positive impact on student learning
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to inform decisions, diagnose challenges including patterns of inequity, and find points of leverage to improve student learning
- Diagnose the current state of the school in order to identify new systems and structures necessary to achieve the desired school culture and further student growth as well as structures and systems that must be dismantled because they cause/enable inequities
- Learn and practice the leadership dispositions required to lead for equity
- Build their understanding of the self-care required to maintain their energy and resilience
The New Principal Institute is led by the Leadership Academy’s expert coaches and practitioners, who have prepared more than 900 new principals to lead their schools effectively from day one.