Leadership coaching helps education leaders take on adaptive challenges that require shifts in mindset and behavior, like addressing inequities in schools, and keeps leaders in their jobs longer and making progress. The most powerful coaches help leaders transform their professional practice in ways that lead to improved student learning. The NYC Leadership Academy has coached more than 2,500 school leaders using our proven research-based model, 98% of whom can point to concrete examples of how it helped them improve their practice and their school’s outcomes.
Leadership coaching requires particular skills. We train leaders who take a coaching stance in their work – from formal coaches to principals to district leaders – on our facilitative, competency-based coaching model.
Deepening Leadership Coaching
Intended for experienced leadership coaches or people who regularly coach as part of their professional role, Deepening Leadership Coaching explores and troubleshoots common challenges (such as managing resistance) while supporting leaders in strengthening their reflective practice and sustaining leadership growth. Participants also benefit from a rich set of coaching competencies against which to self-assess, and an explicit emphasis on racial equity in coaching conversations.
Participants in Deepening Leadership Coaching:
- Review and practice both fundamental and advanced coaching skills
- Learn to embody the stance of a coach and set personal goals for coaching skills
- Learn to coach toward multiple levels of goals
- Reflect on the ways in which our identity informs how we coach and lead
- Build their capacity to support leaders in envisioning change
- Identify strategies for supporting the change process
- Deepen understanding of equitable practice and leadership dispositions for advancing equity
** Our session on April 28-29 has been postponed and new dates will be announced soon. Check back with this page or leave your information at the link below to stay updated on the latest developments for Deepening Leadership Coaching. **